19/10/17

Aurora Tunic Blouse by Wardrobe by Me

Today I am here to show you my Aurora blouse by Wardrobe by Me. This new pattern was just released this week and I totally love it's delicate, feminine look. It is very flattering and something you feel special in while wearing it. You know, because the girl here wears jersey tops most of the days... It was about time to get a dressier option in my closet.

Hoy os traigo mi blusa Aurora. Es el nuevo patrón de Wardrobe by Me que justo ha salido a la venta esta semana. ¿Y qué puedo decir? Pues que me encanta su aire delicado y femenino. Es un patrón muy favorecedor y llevarla me hace sentir especial. Supongo que será porque aquí una va siempre por la vida con camisetas y sudaderas... Ya era hora de añadir algo más elegante al armario.



I truly enjoyed being part of the tester group and I actually learnt quite a lot, because this type of garments with collars and ties and plackets falls a bit out of my comfort zone. The truth is that it was quite easy to sew. The very detailed and illustrated instructions are really helpful.

Pude formar parte del grupo de testers y ha sido una experiencia muy bonita. Además también he aprendido nuevas cosas, ya que los cuellos y lazos se salen un poco de mi zona de confort. Aún así, no es un patrón difícil y se cose sin problemas con las instrucciones en inglés tan detalladas.


The pattern includes many different options. I chose the blouse curved length with long sleeves and collar tie. The fabric is a soft viscose woven that I bought in Stocks Téxtiles, in Barcelona.

El patrón incluye varias opciones. Yo opté por la blusa con bajo curvado, manga larga y lazo. La tela es una viscosa muy suave de Stocks Téxtiles.


Here you can see the different looks that you can get with the pattern. As a dress or tunic, with short or long sleeves, with a stand-up collar instead of the tie. I am actually planning to make another blouse with the stand-up collar.

Aquí se ven las distintas opciones del patrón. Como vestido o túnica, manga larga o corta, con o sin lazo. Tengo pensado hacerme otra sin el lazo, quizás en negro liso, seguro que queda con un aire muy diferente.

Well, the photographer didn't warn me that the tie was looking wonky... But I still love the delicate look of it. The colors of the fabric feel so autummal. Not so the temperatures that we are still having. But hey, I will not complain about not feeling cold yet.

Ejem, el Sr. Fotógrafo no me avisó de que tenía el lazo torcido, pero me sigue encantando este look tan femenino. Y los colores del estampado me hacen sentir el otoño. Que se sienta de alguna manera, ¿no? Si no es por las temperaturas, pues que sea por la tela jaja. A ver, que tampoco me voy a quejar de que no haga frío aún.


The sleeve is ended with an elastic. I would maybe add 1 or 2 cm to the length next time. But I do have long arms and am obsessed with extra long sleeves, so no wonder.

La manga se termina con una goma elástica. Quizás le añadiría 1 o 2 cm de largo la próxima vez. Pero tengo brazos largos y una preocupante obsesión por las mangas extra largas, así que era de esperar.


The only change that I did was lengthen the body by a couple cm, because I preferred it a bit longer. The rest is the original pattern. It fits perfectly. And not only on me, but also on all the other testers. It has just the right proportions everywhere and it is very comfortable to wear.

El único cambio que hice al patrón fue añadirle un par de cm de largo al cuerpo. Por lo demás es el patrón original tal cual. Queda genial, y no lo digo solo por mí. Se puede ver también en las fotos de las demás testers que es super favorecedor. Tiene las proporciones adecuadas y es muy cómodo de llevar.


We had quite of the fun photo session... It is hard to keep eyes open facing the sunset. And I lost my sunglasses, so that wasn't an option lol... Hope I don't find them too, because I desperately want new ones.

Digamos que la sesión de fotos fue de lo más divertida, de esas de reír por no llorar... porque no es nada fácil abrir los ojos con ese sol del atardecer en toda la cara. Y he perdido mis gafas de sol, así que no era una opción. Y la verdad es que me alegro de haberlas perdido, porque hace tiempo que quería unas de nuevas jeje.


And it is hard to walk on the field with heels and a twisted ankle still unhealed. And it is even harder to accept that every time that I twist it, it is in the most stupid way. Twisting your ankle while standing still in the bathroom. I cannot explain it. But it happened.

Tampoco es nada fácil pasear por el campo con tacones y un tobillo torcido. Y menos fácil aún aceptar que siempre me lo tuerzo de la forma más estúpida. Porque torcerse el tobillo mientras estás quieta de pie en el cuarto de baño, pues es muy triste e inexplicable. Pero sucedió.


And the wind... that can play so in your favor or against you. The wind that made us take a thousand pictures and discard most of them. Well, let's just embrace it and have fun with it.

Y por último el viento... ese que puede jugar tan a favor o tan en contra. Ese por el que tuvimos que hacer mil fotos y borrar la mayoría. En fin, mejor aceptarlo y divertirse un rato.


Fabric: Lightweight viscose woven from Stocks Téxtiles
Links: RUMS 

5 comentaris:

  1. What a pleasure to read your post. I totally agree with you that this blouse is so comfortable. I hardly wore blouses before but Christina has changed that. Her bouses are so perfect for every day. Great photos! And that your „photographer“ didn‘t notice the tie sitting right in place seems to be normal :-) By the way, I also like longer sleeves and especially longer legs on my pants. When I sew pants I always lengthten then so that they are a bit too long. I can totally undestand that.
    Hope to sew with you again.
    Love Julia

    ResponElimina
    Respostes
    1. Thankyou for your nice comment!! Isn't it great to be able to make things as long as we want? Before sewing, I spent the whole life wearing too short sleeves. Now I make them extra long to make up for that lol.

      Elimina
  2. Me encanta! Para estar fuera de tu zona de confort te ha quedado de 10! Una blusa otoñal perfecta! Si te animas con los vestidos igual te sorprendes y te encanta! ;)

    ResponElimina
    Respostes
    1. A ver si me hago el vestido en primavera... Ahora que viene el frío quiero llevar las piernas calentitas... y no soporto las medias :-P

      Elimina
  3. Que blusa tan bonita y bien cosida! Sería estupendo que hicieses una revisión de este patrón o de los que tu quieras en PATRONPEDIA!
    Saludos

    ResponElimina