11/9/19

Linea en Lisboa


I'm just back from a 4 day trip to Lisbon. It's a lovely city. My phone says that we walked 53,93 km in total. Most of them under a hot sun. Everyday we would arrive back to our accomodation exhausted, sweaty and with pain in feet and legs. We soon learnt to take a bus or tram when things got too up hill, but still a few hills a day were unavoidable. We also ate too many delicious pasteis de nata. But instead of adding those calories, I did actually lose some weight. Yay for the walking and the sweating.

Hemos pasado 4 días magníficos en Lisboa y quedamos enamorados de esa preciosa ciudad. Según mi teléfono, caminamos 53,93 km. La mayoría bajo un sol abrasador. Todos los días terminamos destrozados, empapados de sudor de pies a cabeza y con las piernas destrozadas. Aunque en seguida aprendimos a coger el tranvía o el autobús cuando la cosa subía demasiado, varias cuestas arriba al día eran inevitables. También comimos demasiados pasteles de nata, pero aún así adelgacé jaja. ¡Alabado sea el andar!


The most touristy attractions and areas are really nice, even with the too many tourists, but our favourite was without a doubt to get lost in just normal up and down streets away from the crowds. The buildings are so beautiful, the city has such an unique atmosphere. Good walking shoes required. No joke, leave the fancy shoes at home or you'll destroy your feet. I had my "super fashionable" trekking sandals on and still couldn't avoid a couple of blisters. So much so that I ended up "having to" (or rather "havind the perfect excuse to") buy a pair of shoes to change the friction areas. I of course chose a portuguese brand so that I could take them home as a souvenir hehehe.

Las zonas más turísticas y las principales atracciones son espectaculares, pero nuestra parte favorita fue la de perdernos por las calles normales, siempre cuesta arriba o cuesta abajo, lejos de la multitud. La arquitectura es preciosa, las calles tienen un encanto especial con sus aceras y calzadas adoquinadas. Eso sí, buen calzado obligatorio. En serio, los zapatos monos mejor dejarlos en casa o te destrozas los pies. Yo iba con mis sandalias de andar por el monte, así super fashion, y ni con esas me salvé. Terminé con dos ampollas y "tuve que" (o más bien "tuve la excusa perfecta para") comprarme otros zapatos para cambiar las zonas de roce. Las elegí de marca portuguesa, así que me sirven de souvenir jejeje...


The city was plenty of girls taking pictures in the most complicated, forced, sexy, cool and/or crazy poses, in full i-am-a-hot-influencer style, some even changing clothes in the middle of the street! It was so fun to spot them, and actually kept some ideas for our own pics. But I won't stand right in front of a tram before it runs over me. It should work from the side too, right?

Había por todos lados chicas sacándose fotos en las poses más complicadas, forzadas, sexys, alucinantes y/o estrambóticas, modo estoy-buena-y-quiero-ser-influencer jaja, algunas incluso se cambiaban de ropa en plena calle. Era divertido verlas e incluso retuvimos alguna idea para nuestras fotos, aunque yo paso de plantarme justo delante del tranvía para que me atropelle, mejor me quedo a un lado y listos.


So, I've talked too much already but haven't said a word about today's topic, which is actually my beautiful skirt. It is the Linea A-line skirt from Wardrobe by Me.

Pues eso, que el viaje fue genial, pero hoy iba a hablaros de otra cosa: mi nueva falda Linea de Wardrobe by Me.


I had already sewn it as part of the tester team months ago, but that time I made the knee length version. You can see it here! Then a few days ago I had the pleasure to meet Christina from WBM and her daughter. The girl was wearing the skirt in the version with the flounce, and I just fell in love, so when we got back home I looked at my stash, and made myself one right before our trip.

Ya me había cosido una como parte del equipo de testers hace unos meses, pero hice la versión hasta la rodilla sin el volante. Podéis verla aquí. Hace unos días tuve el placer de conocer a Christina de WBM en persona. Iba acompañada de su hija, y ella llevada la falda y me encantó. Así pues, cuando llegué a casa miré qué tela podía usar y me hice otra con el volante en un momento justo antes de irnos de viaje.


So cool when the funicular grafittis match your clothes, right! I used a blue cotton jersey with little flowers that I bought in The Sweet Mercerie some time ago. It is really sweet and comfy and was specially perfect to wear during the flights.

¡Mola que los grafitis del funicular combinen con tu ropa! Para la falda usé una tela de punto de algodón azul con florecitas que había comprado en The Sweet Mercerie hace un tiempo. Me gusta mucho como ha quedado y además es super cómoda. Me fue especialmente genial durante los vuelos.


The skirt is really flattering. And did I mention comfy? Yes I did, but I needed to repeat, because it really is super comfy. I paired it with a Rumi tank that I made a couple of years ago.

La falda sienta queda fenomenal. Y repito, super super cómoda. Aquí la combiné con un Rumi tank que cosí hace un par de años.


On our last day we were so tired that we could not bear another whole day under the sun so, for the warmest midday hours we decided to visit a shopping mall and take a break from the heat. Turns out there was the most amazing 360º panoramic view from there!

El último día estábamos ya hartos de tanto sol y durante las horas del mediodía nos refugiamos en un centro comercial para escapar un poco del calor. ¡Y resulta que había un mirador con las vistas de 360º más alucinantes en la azotea!


And that's it for today. Lisbon is such a great place to visit, and the Linea is a great skirt to sew and wear. I have promised myself that we will visit there again, and that I will sew another one no matter what!

Y eso es todo para el MiMi de hoy. Lisboa es una ciudad preciosa para visitar. Y la Linea es una falda muy fácil de coser y comodísima de llevar. He vuelto a casa con la promesa de que volveré a Lisboa, y de que me coseré otra sí o sí.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada