30/9/19

Easy


I love my new pants. Easy to sew and easy to wear. As usual, it was my pleasure to be part of the tester team for this new pattern by Wardrobe by Me.

Tengo pantalones nuevos y me encantan. Como siempre, ha sido un placer formar parte del equipo de testers para este nuevo patrón de Wardrobe by Me.


The Easy pants are a classic pair of pull-up pants for woven fabric, with elastic waistline, side pockets, optional back welt pockets, slim leg, and cuffed hem.

Los Easy pants son unos pantalones en tela plana con cintura elástica, bolsillos laterales y bolsillos de tapeta opcionales por detrás.




I had never worn this style of pants before, because the RTW ones that I had tried on in stores usually just looked awful on me. This is the magic of making your own clothes, right? You get the opportunity of making adjustments and blending sizes to get the best fit for your body. In my case, I made a 40 graded to a 42 at the hips, and I needed a sway back/flat seat adjustment that is very easy to do. I am no pants fitting expert, but this article by Closet Case Patterns was really helpful.

Nunca había llevado este tipo de pantalón, porque los que me había probado en tiendas me quedaban siempre horrorosos. Esta es la magia de hacerte tu ropa, verdad? Te da la oportunidad de ajustarlo a tu cuerpo o mezclar tallas para conseguir el ajuste perfecto. En mi caso, cosí la talla 40 ampliando a 42 en las caderas, e hice un ajuste en el tiro trasero. No soy ninguna experta, pero este artículo de Closet Case Patterns resultó de gran ayuda.


The fabric that I used for this pair is a dreamly viscose twill from Mind the Maker that I bought in the Danish Meter Meter shop. It is high quality nice and drapey viscose but not too lightweight or flimsy as viscose sometimes is, which makes it perfect for pants.

La tela es una preciosa sarga de viscosa de Mind the Maker que compré en la tienda danesa Meter Meter. Gran calidad y preciosa caída, pero sin ser demasiado fina o resbalosa, como pasa a veces con la viscosa.


The back welt pockets are of course optional. I opted to do them faux, so that the pocket bulk wouldn't show through the fabric and because I wouldn't be using a real pocket anyway.

Los bolsillos son obviamente opcionales y yo opté por hacerlos de mentira, para que no se viera el bulto a través de la tela. Tampoco iba a usar un bolsillo de verdad para nada.


Also, I paired it with a Wardrobe Builder tee in a tencel knit also from Meter Meter.

Para estas fotos, he combinado los pantalones con una camiseta Wardrobe Builder, también de WBM, en una tela de punto de tencel de Meter Meter.


I made another pair that I will show you soon, and already thinking about the next in a more winterly fabric choice, because I really want to live in these now. They are SO comfortable! FYI, today is the last day of the release sale price for the pattern.

Hice otro par que os voy a enseñar otro día, y ya estoy pensando en los siguientes... tengo que buscar una tela más calentita ya de cara al invierno, porque me he convertido y no quiero usar otra cosa. ¡Son tan cómodos! Si os interesa, que sepáis que hoy es el último día que están de oferta.


1 comentari:

  1. They fit perfectly and you look great in them. A comfy pair is essential as the weather gets colder.

    ResponElimina